Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Public Domain is Awesome

Over the past couple of days, I've been collecting public domain pictures that I can use with Flying Swordsmen.  I've got a couple of artists on board, which is great that I can include some new art in it.  I'm really thankful to both Dylan and Jacob.

But there's no way I could get these two to donate enough art to fill what looks like it will be a roughly 120 page book. 

And not even looking for traditional pictures of Chinese monsters (although I do have a few already), I've collected over 120 public domain pictures.  So I'll be able to pick and choose what I like, and should still have enough art to have a picture on each page if I feel like it. 

I don't plan to put a picture on each page, but I could if I wanted to.

The only down side to the public domain images is that many of the human figures come from Three Kingdoms and Outlaws of the Marsh illustrations, so they're almost all male, and a majority are wearing armor.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, and I will be getting some new art to help rectify some of those issues.

1 comment:

  1. Public Domain resources, FTW!

    I'm aiming to have all my PDF output be Public Domain material.

    ReplyDelete