Wednesday, April 27, 2011

V is for...um...V

No, I'm not suddenly jumping on the A-Z Blogger Challenge.  As Jesse Ventura once said, "I ain't got time to bleed."  Just funny that my blog roll is reading lots of other people's "V" posts, and here I am posting about V.

My wife and I watched the first two episodes of season 1 of the new V series last night.  We both loved the original mini-series as kids, and a few years ago we found both the original and "The Final Battle" DVDs for sale at a local shop in Japan and picked them up and re-watched them.  Good times.

So far, the new version is looking good.  It's just similar enough to be familiar, but different enough to be its own thing.  And I'm liking the 'reptoid masters' conspiracy theory link they seem to be doing with it. 

3 comments:

  1. I watched the new V for a while when it first started airing. I liked it, but the scheduling for it was terrible. Seemed like they'd spread new episodes out quite a bit and then have it on in different slots, so eventually I just sorta lost track of it. If it hits Netflix or something I'll probably give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the new one, but the original was awesome when we were kids. We used to play V outside at school recess, with teams made up of the visitors and the resistance. The original mini-series holds up well too (haven't seen the rest since they aired.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're WIFE likes V? And saw it as a kid? Man, how many times have I told you that you got the most awesome wife ever? I've lost count.

    ReplyDelete