Wednesday, March 16, 2022

RIP Scott Hall

 Scott Hall, also known as Razor Ramon, passed away at 63 from complications following hip surgery. 

Yet another pro-wrestling legend from my youth that left us way too early. 

In my college days, some friends somehow managed to get front row seats to a WWF event, and when one decided he didn't want to go, I snatched up that ticket. The headline match was Macho Man Randy Savage (I was a huge fan at the time) vs Razor Ramon. Macho Man gave me a high five as he went around the ring before the match. But Ramon won. 

Later, after I graduated, my Evansville group would play D&D in the evenings until WCW came on, and we'd watch Hall and Kevin Nash, the Outsiders, and later with Hollywood Hulk Hogan as the NWO. We loved to hate those guys. They were excellent heels. 

Rest in Peace, Mr. Hall. You provided me and so many others with a lot of great entertainment over the years.

1 comment:

  1. Scott Hall was an awesome heel! Him & Nash as The Outsiders were great. The nWo was a tremendous time for professional wrestling. RIP Scott Hall. I think his words from his HOF induction speech are spot on.

    "Hard work pays off. Dreams come true. Bad times don't last but bad guys do.".

    Survey Says?

    ReplyDelete