I think I mentioned before how I met this artist, but if not, I'll repeat myself. A few months ago, my wife started taking classes to learn watercolor painting to supplement her calligraphy art. The teacher, Lee Hyunjung, has a studio about three blocks away from our apartment. While I was looking on Fiver for possible artists to contact for cover art, my wife suggested we talk to her art teacher. So we did.
I hired her, gave her the details of what I wanted and some reference pictures, and she would contact us at each step of the process to make sure she was executing my vision.
She knocked it out of the park, in my opinion.
Then, with some advice from various friends, including Jeremy Hart who has a background in graphic design and my son Flynn who's artistic among his many other talents, I decided on the layout for the title text. After quite a bit of experimentation.
And now, without further ado, I present the cover page for Missions & Mayhem's Core Rules book:
I've commissioned Hyunjung to paint the cover for Cryptids & Conspiracy next.


Looks great
ReplyDelete+1
ReplyDeleteDang. This looks great!
ReplyDelete