Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Twenty Quick Questions for Gamma World

Riffing off of this old post from Jeff Rients, some initial fodder to get my Gamma World setting going. Posting just the questions for now. I know the answers to some of these for my setting, but not all.

  1. Where do I go to sell or trade this artifact that I found?
  2. Where can we go to buy or trade standard equipment?
  3. Where can we go to get armor or other gear custom fitted for this mutant I just befriended?
  4. Who can I go to if I can't figure out the purpose of this artifact?
  5. Who is the greatest warrior in the land?
  6. Who is the richest person in the land?
  7. Where can we go to get some mutant powered or high tech healing?
  8. Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, radiation, energy drain, mind control, hoops turned my spear into rubber?
  9. Where are the local known ruins and installations that I could plunder?
  10. Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?
  11. Where can I hire mercenaries?
  12. Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, mutants are outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?
  13. Which way to the nearest tavern?
  14. What mutants or robots are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?
  15. Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?
  16. How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes?
  17. Are there any cryptic alliances with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?
  18. What is there to eat around here?
  19. Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for?
  20. Where is the nearest ruin or creature rumored to have lots of artifacts?

4 comments:

  1. Pretty good. Although, I suppose I'd wonder what counts as "wealth" in GW (when discussing 'the richest person in the land'). Also, should probably have a question or two specific to PSHs? Maybe?
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest herd of rakoxen, most likely. And I could always add more questions. :)

      Delete
  2. I did this for my homebrew D&D world ages ago. It might be fun and funny to answer them in terms of the majority of the games I run, where many of these elements don't smoothly apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few of Jeff's originals were D&D specific. Some I modified to the closest GW analog. Some I just flat out changed.

      Delete