Saturday, June 22, 2019

Fantasy Wimmelbilderbucher

Way back in April, Noisms was talking about wimmelbilderbucher, or books with lots of little details that you can pour over to find interesting things, like most Richard Scarry Busytown books, or the Where's Waldo (Wally) series of books. And he was wondering why there aren't fantasy themed books like this for adults.

I don't know. But today I picked up one for kids. Here are some pictures from it (taken with my phone, so not the best quality).
The Cover. Monsterland

The first few spreads introduce and name all of the monsters.



The rest of the book are spreads like these, with certain monsters to find on each page.


3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind me posting a shopping link. I used a reverse image search to find these Korean books online. There are also dinosaur and fantasy versions. You can see some more pictures at the links. Get an English translation using the flag at the top-left of the page.

    http://www.ssg.com/item/itemView.ssg?locale=en-US&itemId=1000021699999&siteNo=6001&salestrNo=6005
    http://emart.ssg.com/item/itemView.ssg?locale=en-US&itemId=1000033517208&siteNo=6001&salestrNo=6005&tildSrchwd=%EB%AF%B8%EB%A1%9C%EC%B0%BE%EA%B8%B0&srchPgNo=1&src_area=ebook

    I would have loved these as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bought this at E-Mart Traders, which is Shinsaegae's answer to Costco. They had the other two books, but I just picked up the monster one. Thanks for the link for online shopping, in case any readers want to try and get their hands on these books.

      Delete