Friday, June 8, 2012

Well said

William Dowie, the Great Khan at Ramblings of a Great Khan, summed up my feelings on 4th Edition D&D quite succinctly in his current post on the 5E/Next play test:

I don't have a problem with the game evolving over time, it's evolving it into a tactical miniatures game, that, as DM, I am expected to lose every week that I really have a problem with.
 Spot on.  If the 4E designers really want a tactical minis game, why is it supposed to be set up so that one side almost always wins? 

Anyway, I don't know why I'm still 4E bashing.  Maybe it's because I have yet to playtest 5E so I don't have more bashing (or praising, or indifference) to heap on it.

-----

On a side note, I notice Blogger is now putting ".kr" suffixes on other blogger web addresses.  God I hate people's attempts to localize my web content.  Just because I live in Korea doesn't mean I want a Korean version of every web page.  Neither do the Koreans.  Anyway, that may be why Blogger has been kinda slow for me lately.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered why I've been getting hits from "9and30kingdoms.blogspot.ca" and "9and30kingdoms.blogspot.fr". It never occurred to me that Google was *forcing* a localized version of my blog on other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning my blog. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Khan! Always glad to promote blogs I find interesting.

    Talysman - one of the worst things about living overseas is that half of the time when I download some piece of software, I have to uninstall it immediately and then reinstall it to get rid of the localization. PITA. If websites start doing this to me, I may just give up on the internet...

    ...yeah, who am I kidding? :)

    ReplyDelete