Friday, December 10, 2010

Games I've Played the Most

Not a list of the best games I've ever played, the most influential or important games I've ever played, or my favorite games.  Just the ones I've sunk the most time in over the years.  (Sticking with RPGs only).  Feel free to leave your own top 5 in the comments.

1. Mentzer/BECM D&D
2. Star Frontiers
3. 3E (3.0/3.5) D&D
4. AD&D (1E/2E)
5. d20 Modern

Yeah, mostly D&D in one form or another.  I've tried plenty of other games over the years, but these are the only ones I've played to any great extent.

6 comments:

  1. Traveller
    AD&D
    GURPS
    Rolemaster
    D&D3e

    The class-based systems feel a little over-represented in that list. I’ve played lots of skill-based systems, but there being more of them, fewer of them make the most-played list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Trek (FASA and LUG about equally)
    Champions
    Mutants & Masterminds
    Star Wars (WEG/D6)
    AD&D 1E

    Reflects total time spent on each over a 33 year period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to post my list because it's so lame.I will say that when Macs came out way back when, I was addictied to Dark Castle.
    Anyway, hey Lord G. You're in my dad's home town. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AD&D 2e
    Call of Cthulhu
    D&D 3e
    Rifts
    Pendragon

    That's probably in approximate order of frequency, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspectres
    Savage Worlds
    D&D 3.5
    Wushu
    Cyberpunk 2020

    Mind you, this includes PbP as well.

    ReplyDelete