Sunday, May 23, 2010

Have you seen these monsters?


I picked up this set of 54mm monsters with ring-hands and detachable weapons and shields back around 1984 at a supermarket. They were in a plastic bag and sold for a dollar or two.

There are 5-6 each of the lizard men, skeleton guys and furry guys with laser guns. The other three were singles (I call them, left to right in the top picture, the Beast, the Demon and the Phantom)

Around the same time, my best friend Todd got a similar pack of human warriors with the same weapons.

Stamped on the base, it says "Marty Toy 1983 Made in Hong Kong"

Marty Toy seems to have gone tits up years ago. Anyway, just wondering if anyone had ever seen similar toys--or even had them. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the human warriors if I could, but it looks like I'm more likely to win $1,000,000 in the lottery.

Update from Ze Bulette: Yes, those are the guys I have. M Toys Warriors of the Galaxy. Thanks, now I know where to look for the other set.

Update from Todd, in regard to the guys he had:
As for the little plastic dudes: Yes! After seeing the picture, I definitely remember those. The guys I had were a goldish color and did have the same types of weapons. They almost seemed like some kinda crazy space gladiators. I think they all had matching helmets on and maybe some shoulder pads, and various leg protection, but I think most of them went bare chested and wore speedos. Also, I'm pretty sure my dudes were all human. Not the assortment of races like yours. Sadly, I have no idea what became of my figures. If I ever stumble across them, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the same thing? Bad picture, but sure looks like the weapons are the same. I think they had a name change to just "M-Toys".

    ReplyDelete