Friday, August 6, 2010

Remember the end to "This Is Spinal Tap"?


Just got back from the radio station. Fire House, the rock band who were really big in the 90's are in Busan for the Busan International Rock Festival. Their concert is tomorrow night.

The late night show on my radio station had them in for an interview, and I got to sit in on it. Pretty cool. They're a bunch of fun, cool guys. And they've been touring the world and rocking for 20 years now.

I had stopped listening to the glam/arena rock type stuff years ago, so I didn't realize they were still out there, putting out the occasional album but mostly doing live performances. I've now got the urge to get some of their stuff, and other bands from the same era--Warrant, Tesla, Trixter, Great White--and go on a bit of a nostalgia trip with my mp3 player, also seeing what else those other bands have been up to in the past 15 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment