Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My son's first 3d6

Last night, as I was coming home from work, I stopped in a little 'dollar' shop called Daiso. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but in the toy section I saw they had big red foam d6s for sale for 1000won each. So I picked up a trio of them for my son.

When I got home, he was having fun throwing them around and imitating me when I said the numbers that came up (he can count to twenty with a bit of help, to ten on his own except for sometimes skipping 8--he's 2 1/2 years old). Anyway, I made sure to tally up the dice for the first 18 rolls he made. If he'd been rolling a Classic D&D character, here's what he would have gotten:

Str 13
Int 10
Wis 5
Dex 13
Con 10
Cha 13

Not too shabby! You could do anything but a Cleric easily with those numbers. And they're good numbers for a Fighter, Thief or Halfling.

1 comment:

  1. Cool of you to document that! If (when?) he gets into D&D someday he may really appreciate seeing this.

    ReplyDelete