Friday, January 28, 2011

It's nice to get things in the mail

...even if I ordered them myself.

Two weeks ago, after our HeroClix game, I placed an order for more figures with miniaturemarket.com.  They arrived yesterday.

So now I've got Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Magneto, and Dr. Doom to add to my collection.

Only problem was that Magneto's head had fallen off in transit. 

I tried to stick it on with some superglue yesterday, but the glue wasn't sticking for some reason (bottle's almost empty, could be the chemicals are too old or something...). 

Anyway, I didn't have time to really do anything else yesterday, so this morning I used a silicone glue stick to hold the head in place, then put superglue around the silicone 'neck' to hopefully seal it. 

I may just have to resign myself to using a zombie Magneto in my future games, but we'll see.  :D

Also, I'm going to need to up the point value of the teams to get the Fantastic 4 on the field.  Mr. Fantastic is expensive!

4 comments:

  1. The nice thing about a minis addiction is that one is assured of frequent goodies during mail call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about superglue specifically, but I do know a lot of glues aren't well suited to plastic. I recommend picking up some plastic glue (the nearest store that sells Warhammer will probably have some), because it operates in part by melting the plastic so that it re-solidifies in a bonded state. Just be careful - I usually put a drop on paper and use a toothpick to apply it where needed.

    Of course, for all I know plastic glue is no different from superglue; I just know I've never had any trouble using it on my clix figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odrook--unfortunately, the nearest Warhammer store to me is a 4 hour KTX ride up to Seoul.

    Superglue usually works. I had several damaged figures from my several moves two to three years ago, but I could repair all the rest with superglue. This one, for some reason, took a bit more effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice collection. Hope you post images.

    ReplyDelete