Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chainmail: The Siege of Dongnae

Looking for fun things to do with my group involving war games, and the 2nd confrontation of the Imjin War (Toyotomi Hideyoshi's invasions of Korea) might be fun.

According to Wikipedia on the battle, 3000 Korean soldiers fought to the end defending Dongnae fortress against roughly six times as many Japanese.

I have nearly enough Korean soldier minis (in 1/72 scale) to handle their side, but not nearly enough Japanese. Vikings, Moors, Orcs, Elves and the like may have to round out the numbers.

I do have this:


It could serve as the centerpiece of the battle, with some walls and slopes around it for the Korean defenders.

This could be fun both because it would allow me to try out the Chainmail rules in a historical setting first before throwing in the ogres and pixies and wizards, and also because it's in our back yard. I've been to the Dongnae Fortress on a field trip with the kindergarten I teach at.

I might see if I can find some time to go back and get a good look around for purposes of study.

[Side note: In the first 24 hours since I posted my documents, I've had 16 people download the weapons one, and 6 each the armor and w/s/r documents. Hope you all enjoy them!]

No comments:

Post a Comment