Thursday, February 9, 2012

Flying Swordsman Page

So, you may notice there's now a Flying Swordsmen RPG page at the top of the blog.

No, the game's not out yet, but it's coming soon.  I've just about got it formatted.  I'll print it out when the last little bits are done, and see how it looks in printed form, then if I don't find anything that needs fixing, I'll release it.

I wanted to get this page up on the blog first, for two reasons.  First, I will link to it in the game document.  Instead of having a section describing what RPGs are and how to use the dice in the rule book, I figure most people who download it will already know that.  So I'll direct new folks to the page instead.

Second, I wouldn't mind a bit of crowd sourcing help with the introduction to gaming.  I've read plenty of them over the years, and think the one I've written is passable, but if you've got any suggestions, feel free to to fire away in the comments here.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I am an ancient gamer and can't read any more intros to rpg sections. I cannot help but feel that anyone reading a small indie rpg already knows the basics. Having said that I understand that a complete game requires it and I think that what you have on the site is sufficient.

    I also wanted to add a hearty 'thank you' for putting this game out and offering it to the community. I am really looking forward to reading it and I respect anyone able to create a coherent, focused, rpg product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, anon. I'm about 2/3 through my final editing pass. I printed everything up, and am looking at it in hard copy. I've found plenty of small errors, but I should have everything completed in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete