Monday, July 16, 2012

Odds and Ends

The other day, I clicked on Amazon.com to look for the current release date of A Dance with Dragons in paperback.  I noticed I had one item in my shopping cart, and couldn't remember what it was.

Clicking on the cart, it was a used copy of the AD&D Monster Manual (now sold and unavailable).  I'd stuck it there back when WotC announced the reprinting of the AD&D core three books.  I'd briefly thought about buying them, but I've got the PHB and DMG.  Used Monster Manuals in good condition are under $10 on Amazon.  So I'd put it in my cart but never bought it.

Well, I decided to look for another copy, since the one I'd tagged already sold.  Found another listed in "very good" condition for just under $9.  Then I noticed a copy of Oriental Adventures for about the same price.  And a copy of the MM2 for around $6.  With domestic shipping to my parents' house, the whole deal was just around $35, the price of the reprint MM without shipping.

We're going to be ordering some clothes for our son online (much cheaper, even with shipping costs, than buying them here in Korea), so my folks can just throw the books in with the clothes when they ship them. 

__________________
After our game of Arkham Horror, Josh, Pat and Alex all were asking when I'm finally going to get around to running some Flying Swordsmen.  Friday nights are good for them, so as soon as I get some adventures ready, I'll try to get them - and anyone else who wants to play - on G+ for some FS wuxia action.

So expect a bit more FS content around here in the coming months.  It's about time I got back to promoting it anyway.  It's just shy of 1000 downloads on my Mediafire account, and in only four months.  Not bad.

___________________
We will be moving to a new apartment in about two weeks.  I need to remember to write up a Beast of the Week monster and schedule its posting, as I may be without internet access besides on my phone the last weekend of July.

We're past the half-way point with the year.  My plan to create 52 new monsters is going along well.  I'll compile all of them at the end of the year, and in January I'll have a comprehensive download of 2012's Beasts. 

I'm not sure if I'll continue into 2013, though.  We'll see. 

3 comments:

  1. GOOD FOUR YUO - DON'T BE TOO BUY REPRANTS FROM TEH WIZRADS!!1
    TEHM BASTIDGES MAY START TWO PRINT NEW STUFF FOR OLDEN DAND IF TEHY SMELL A MUNNY!!1

    :p
    -NUNYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I know it's pointless to talk sense to a troll like you, Woodstock, I have nothing against WotC, and actually hope the reprints do well. I live overseas, so it's not feasible for me to get them easily.

    Yeah, I'm happy that I got three books for the price of one reprint. Doesn't mean I want WotC to fail with their reprints. If I don't buy them, there's one more set for someone new to AD&D.

    Besides, Classic D&D is my D&D of choice. When (if) they reprint Moldvay/Cook or Mentzer, I'll be snatching up copies for myself and my son. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two thumbs up for more FS content.

    ReplyDelete