Thursday, January 18, 2018

Chanbara is nearly there!

I finished layout the other day. I was busy with real world stuff, but two nights ago I printed up a copy before I went to bed. Now I'm going through the draft with a fine-toothed comb looking for mistakes. And there are plenty! I think I've got the cover sorted out.

Once I get through the manuscript hard copy and fix the mistakes, I'll put the files up and order a printed copy proof. Then I'll add hyperlinks to the file for the ebook version and once that's done I'll put it up for sale.

I'm kinda excited about releasing my first game book for sale. Hopefully it gets as good a reaction as Flying Swordsmen got. Fingers crossed, I'll have the ebook version out next week. Due to overseas shipping to Korea taking much longer than it used to, it will be a bit longer for the physical book to go on sale. But it's going to be out soon.

Now I need to get started on the monster book and converting my playtest materials into modules!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still curios about your reaction to The Last Jedi. Email me if you don't have time for a blog post!

      Delete
  2. If you want someone else to look over it too, I'm available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer. I already had three people look over the draft, so 90% of the mistakes I'm finding are just formatting errors from moving the book from LibreOffice to Scribus.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to it!

    Speaking of Flying Swordsmen, the character sheet (and the unique magic items, for that matter) seem unavailable (at least to me).

    ReplyDelete