Sunday, April 18, 2010

Maritime Map done

Not sure if we'll be playing my Classic D&D game after all. Josh and Alex are up for it, but Bill isn't. Josh is actually more interested in Star Frontiers, and Alex still wants to run that Rifts game he's been talking about forever.

Well, anyway, my nine maps full of islands and peninsulas are complete. Here's a composite of all 9 maps.



I just printed them out, and printed a hex grid over each page (A4 paper, 36x51 hexes per page) and assume 24 miles per hex. That's a lot of sea to campaign in!

It's also a lot to stock. Luckily, I'll only be marking important monster lairs, locations of important treasures, and bases of known pirates at first. The rest will all be randomly filled in as needed during play.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad -- it is a great looking map that just begs to be explored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Punt is one of the best place names ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete