Monday, December 3, 2018

Birthday Self Present

My birthday's coming up in a little over a week. To celebrate, I used my earnings from Chanbara from last month to order the fancy hardcover edition of Labyrinth Lord. I've been using the pdf for many years. I think I've still got the old purple cover version with art even somewhere on my hard drive. About time to get it in print.

And does that signal that I'm one step closer to converting my West Marches game to old school D&D instead of 5E? Maybe. Having the LL book will make it easier, since I won't have to risk getting drinks/snacks spilled on my original Mentzer books, original Rules Cyclopedia, or the Moldvay/Cook books I bought several years ago (we play with several kids, it's always a possibility).

I do enjoy 5E in many ways. But there are some things about it that bother me, and I can't really think of anything in Labyrinth Lord that bothers me that much. About the only thing is Clerics getting a spell at 1st level, and sometimes I'm even OK with that.

3 comments:

  1. Not much of a gift but here is a link to my own gaming tribute to wuxia. Most of it could be used with FS:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MbzXD-2wNDsbPlBvc714XLQSNNcBZSPi/view?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I downloaded it and gave it a brief look last night. Thanks! It looks pretty cool. I'll give it a closer look when I've got a bit more time. I'm busy grading student essays this weekend.

      Delete